It’s Football Season! Best Tailgating Trailers – Part I
Tailgating Experts Choose Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS and Coachmen Catalina as some of Top RVs for Tailgating
Those of us in the RV community know: when you want to bring together good company, good food and good times—nothing beats cooking out and relaxing under the awning of your RV, travel trailer or motor coach. Many of the qualities that make RVs great for summertime vacations are the same qualities that make them great vehicles for tailgating. In the spirit of football season, we’re sharing reviews of two RVs that top the list of great tailgating vehicles—the Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS and the Coachmen Catalina—plus a few of our own top picks. In this post we’ll be focusing on the Jayco unit, and in our next post we’ll discuss the Coachmen unit.
Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS—why it’s a top pick for tailgating
In this article on ‘The Perfect RVs for Tailgating Adventures’ from The General RV Blog, the Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS gets top marks as a tailgating vehicle. Here’s a summary of why this travel trailer scores high:
- Having the second kitchen outside really helps to keep the inside of the trailer cleaner and tidier. The outdoor kitchen features a 2-burner grill, a sink, microwave and refrigerator.
- Did we mention the second refrigerator? When it comes to entertaining, there’s nothing like having two refrigerators.
- Plus, you won’t need to worry about bringing an extra ice chest for your tailgates. All the beverages you need can stay cool and easily accessible by your guests.
- The ability to fry and cook greasier foods outside makes for a better cooking and cleanup experience.
- It’s also great to just walk up and wash your hands in the sink instead of going inside or going around back to the hose.
- When it comes to tailgating, the outdoor bathroom entrance (second door) is almost as fantastic as the second kitchen. Again, this feature eliminates need for guests to go in and out of the trailer, keeping things cleaner.
- Although the outside-access features are what make this unit a tailgating all-star, don’t overlook its interior assets. Roomy 81” ceilings and a seating area gathered around a flat screen TV make the inside great for entertaining.
Jim’s Pick: Most Underrated Travel Trailer for Tailgating
Why this one doesn’t show up on the awards lists? We don’t know! We highly recommend to you the Jayco Jay Flight SLX 324BDS —which is a sister model to the 32BHDS. The 324BDS also has the outdoor kitchen and direct bath entry door that are so valuable for tailgating and entertaining.
Another RV you should consider if you’re serious about the RV tailgating life is the Jayco Seismic Wave 355W. It’s a bigger investment, but wow, this RV is the optimal party vehicle. The Seismic Wave boasts the outdoor kitchen plus two elevated patios that are perfect for tailgating.
The Jayco Seismic Wave is a toy hauler, which means that it has “garage” space at the back of the unit. Jayco has engineered this large open area exceptionally well, with comfortable seating that pulls down from the ceiling, and also converts into a very large double-decker bed. You have to see it to believe it. The possibilities for entertaining and accommodating a large number of guests overnight are a great combination for tailgating road trips.
Here are some shots of the convertible space at the back of the unit.
We’ll post Part II of this series soon, looking at the Coachmen Catalina as an ideal tailgate trailer. Stay tuned!